Empowering You Throughout the Journey
The Olson Women’s Diagnostic Center at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast offers a dedicated Patient Care Navigator to help ease stress and increase educational and emotional support to our breast health clients and their families.
Simply put, she is
Prompt detection of any abnormality affecting breast health leads to earlier diagnosis, evaluation and treatment. Rest assured you will not face this giant alone. The patient care navigator is here for you each step of the way, assisting you and your support team from diagnosis, to surgery, recovery and beyond.
- Someone to turn to
- Someone to answer your questions
- Someone who will walk with you every step of the way
Care for the Patient, Service to the Community
The Patient Care Navigator…
- Coordinates appointments to ensure timely care
- Works with physicians to create a personalized care plan
- Serves as the patient advocate and advisor
- Is a source of information and support
- Empowers patients
- Connects patients to a support group and a survivor network
- Facilitates communication between the patient, the family, and members of the healthcare team
- Serves as a public advocate for breast cancer awareness
“Sacred Heart provided me with courage as I listened to and talked with all of the survivors and health care team members. It was hard at first letting go of my control and letting others do for me what I couldn’t do. I soon learned that there’s just no way you can have this diagnosis and not have a different outlook -- Cancer, you picked the wrong woman!”
~ Fran Kirschten, Breast Cancer Survivor
For more information about Olson Women's Diagnostic Center and our patient navigation services, please call (850) 278-3980.